"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's the true strength"

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Happy First Birthday!

We've been waiting for this day for a whole year! Actually, I think we've been waiting for this day for much longer. Celebrating your child's first birthday is something you dream about. It was no surprise that I was going to go a little overboard, so J just sat back and let me go nuts.
For about the last six months, I had been scanning Pinterest for ideas for her party. I needed a theme! I didn't want to do the normal princess party (lord knows we'll have plenty of those in coming years) but yet I wanted something fun and cute. And we ended up with...Pink Flamingo's! Eva loved it...



I had fun with details from the custom invites, chalkboard sign, pink flamingo cupcakes (that I made from scratch!), her highchair tutu and the two dozen pink flamingo's sprawled out all over the park. Even Eva and I wore pink flamingo's!



We rented a park pavilion in our town so that we could fit everyone and thankfully the weather was perfect to Flamingle!


It was so fun to be able to share this day with everyone; Eva loves seeing her friends and cousins!




We ate some great BBQ that J cooked and then the fun started. Eva had her first cupcake! I thought she would have dug right in, but she was much more curious about it being all over her fingers than actually eating it. She ate all the frosting first before mom took it away, though the sugar high was already inevitable.


Once we cleaned her up, which thankfully didn't take long, it was time for her to open gifts. Well, it was time for me to open her gifts as she was much more interested in walking around and seeing everyone. She got so many great gifts and some very special ones as well. Her great grandfather made her a picnic table; one I know she'll be having many picnics with her friends on.


We can't thank everyone enough for being a part of her big day and we know that those who couldn't make it, were still celebrating with us. We missed you and thank you for the gifts you sent!

We look forward to many more birthday parties, though they might just be a couple of pizzas and an ice cream cake if J has anything to do with it.







No comments:

Post a Comment