"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's the true strength"

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Eva's TV Debut

I continue to follow and support Resolve which is a national infertility organization. Their site, Facebook page and community groups were really helpful when we were trying to conceive. I found the support and information that I needed during many steps along the way and it also got me more active in legislation and how I can try to help make a change and difference for the infertility community.
I recently saw one of their Facebook posts, looking for women who did IVF and were located in Minneapolis and Chicago, for a company that has created a product to help couples who are seeking IVF treatments. I sent my information as I'm always willing to share my story if it means it can help someone else. I may not have a lot of money to help, but I have a story!

Shortly after I submitted my information and a brief overview of our story, I was contacted by a woman from the company Unify and we chatted for about a half hour. We discussed my story in more detail and she listened to our struggle to conceive and the hard decision we made to do IVF and then I learned about her company and how they can help other women going through the same thing. Unify has created a few tests that couples can take to identify their success rate if they chose to do IVF. This low-cost test can be the first step a couple can take before making a big financial decision. Although I did not take this test prior to our decision, I was able to testify that this would have been useful for us. They also have a test for those looking at doing another round of IVF and another to help you choose how many embryos to transfer. I recommend taking a look at their site and the products they offer: www.unify.com

After my phone "interview", it was only matter of hours and the next thing I know, I'm in the parking lot at work doing a TV interview that was going to be aired on a local news channel that night! (good thing I washed my hair that day and wore a cute shirt!)
I suppose it was a good thing that I didn't have time to think about it or get nervous. Here is our TV Debut!




No comments:

Post a Comment