"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's the true strength"

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Only the Beginning

2013 is almost over and we finally had some time to reflect on the first year with our little miracle. 

This past year has been more than I could have ever imagined. Watching her grow has been so much fun and seeing J be a daddy has melted my heart.
J and I have also grown a lot. We've had lots of tears, lots of laughs, some not so fun moments and some that we'll cherish forever. Every one of them totally, completely worth it. Everyone gives you advice and tells you stories of things that will happen, but no one can truly prepare you for parenthood. It's the hardest thing we've ever done, but by far, the BEST thing we've ever done. 


When I look back at past blog posts, it seems so long ago that we only dreamed of a baby and here we are, now parents of a happy, healthy, beautiful one-year old daughter. We are truly blessed.


I'm so glad that I decided to start this blog and tell of our journey to parenthood and share the moments that brought us to this point in our lives. It began as a way for me to deal with the emotions and struggles of trying to conceive, to now being a way to share Eva's moments with all of you. Now that Eva is one, our lives are much busier trying to keep up with her and I haven't had as much time as I'd like to keep up with the blog. That was part of my decision to make this our last post. The other part of my decision to end the blog is that I will be publishing this into a book. The book will be a gift to Eva as this is her story, not mine. This is not the end of Eva's story, but the beginning of the amazing life we know she will lead. 


I look forward to the day when J and I can read the book with her and let her know just how special she really is. Our lives have been changed forever. Thank you Miss Eva for being here and being you, we love you more than you will ever know!









1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to publish this for miss Eva! She too, is lucky to have you and J as parents. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete